a recipe by ruled.me
Impress your guests with this delicious, savory tart. What pairs better than goat cheese and tomatoes?
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into ¼-inch slices
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 425°F, then slice 2 medium tomatoes into ¼” slices. You should get at least 6 slices per tomato.
2. Lay slices on a baking sheet with parchment paper, then drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Poke the tomatoes using tooth picks so that the juice can run out of the tomatoes and not cause a “steaming” effect.
3. Bake the tomatoes for 30-40 minutes or until they are roasted and have lost most of their juice.
4. Set the tomatoes aside.
5. In a food processor, combine 1/2 cup Almond Flour, 1 tbsp. Psyllium Husk, 2 tbsp. Coconut Flour, and 1/4 tsp. Salt.
6. Cube 5 tbsp. Cold Butter and add it to the food processor also.
7. Slowly pulse the ingredients until a dough starts to form.
8. Press dough into silicone cupcake molds. You want to make sure these layers are quite thin. About 1/4″ – 1/2″ thick.
9. Reduce oven heat to 350F and bake the tarts at 350F for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Remove tarts from the oven and let cool. Once cooled, turn the silicone cupcake molds upside down and lightly tap the bottom so that the tart dough falls out.
11. Layer tomato onto each tart and set aside for a moment.
12. Slice 1/2 medium onion thin, then caramelize the onion and 2 tsp. minced garlic in 2 tbsp. olive oil.
13. Add caramelized onions and garlic on top of the tomato.
14. Crumble goat cheese and sprinkle fresh thyme over each tart, then bake for an additional 5-6 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt.
This makes a total of 12 Goat Cheese Tomtato Tarts. Each tart comes out to 159.17 Calories, 15.67g Fats, 1.57g Net Carbs, and 2.76g Protein.