- 10 medium asparagus spears
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon roasted red pepper, finely chopped
1. Heat oven to 425°F and wash the asparagus spears. In a food processor, combine the shredded Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic powder, and pulse until fine.
2. Add almond flour to the food processor and pulse once or twice to mix. Transfer to a medium sized shallow dish. Stir in smoked paprika.
3. In a medium bowl, beat two eggs until they become frothy. The eggs will adhere to the asparagus much better if they are beaten well. Transfer egg to a medium size shallow dish.
4. Dip asparagus spears in the egg mixture first. Holding the spear above the Parmesan flour mixture, gently sprinkle while turning until the asparagus is lightly coated. Make sure to keep the asparagus from touching the flour mix or the egg will cause it to become too moist and clumpy. Repeat with each spear.
5. Place coated asparagus tightly spaced on a baking sheet and top with the leftover parmesan flour mixture. Bake until the coating begins to brown and the asparagus is only slightly tender, about 10 minutes.
6. In a small bowl mix the finely chopped roasted red pepper and mayonnaise.
7. Chill the sauce in the refrigerator and allow the flavors to combine. Stir well before serving.
8. Once asparagus fries are crisp and brown, remove from the oven and serve hot with the dip!
This makes a total of 2 large servings of Parmesan Asparagus Fries with Roasted Red Pepper Aioli. Each serving comes out to be 453.65 Calories, 33.43 g Fat, 5.51 g Net Carbs, and 19.14 g Protein.